Monday, August 31, 2009

Nnnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!!

After years of searching for the perfect mascara, I found my HG in Max Factor 2000 Calorie. Anyone else out there crazy for it?? Sometimes I would stray, like a bored lover, seduced by glitzier (and pricier) brands, but I always return to Max because they really got the formula down for the girl who needs volume and length!! And no flakes!! Flakes should be frosted and eaten at breakfast, not end up all over my face by noon.

To my dismay, internet rumors confirm that Max Factor will be phased out of distribution from the US this year. What will I do without you 2000 Calorie? Perhaps I will be seen in my Honda Element, blazing through the border at Tijuana, police cars and sirens in close pursuit behind me, my face streaked with black from inferior mascara, desperate to reunite with my one true and only mascara love, Max Factor 2000 Calorie.

Can I get any love from my other Max Factor devotees? What mascara would you go to the black market for?

2 comments:

  1. I have been using this mascara for as long as I can remember (probably more than 10 years) and I also have gone and bought others that people have raved about, including all the good brands from Chanel to Mac and yet I keep going back to this one - I love the curved brush and the way my poor excuse for lashes amazingly stand out once I apply this stuff. Thanks to your post, I am going to start stocking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MF 200 cal used to be my favorite too but when I started doing makeup professionally I discovered Lancome Hypnose. It gives my lashes and incredible amount of umph. They can get a little spidery looking if you go heavy with it - which I happen to love when I'm really getting made up. For a less dramatic look just swipe the brush on a piece of tissue before you apply or comb through with a clean/dry eyelash comb/brush after applying the mascara. And if you want even more of a boost try added Lancome's CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base before applying your mascara. I was once told while wearing this that it looked like I had a silvery substance on my lashes that looked cool so you might want to look out for that if it's not an affect you'd want (the base is actually white). Both products are in the mid $20 range but well worth it in my book. So far the only thing I have found that looks better is fake lashes.

    Oh, and if you hate flakes, do not use Fiber Wig whatever you do. It sounded like a great idea but ended up all over my face and I only tested it at the store.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails